Become a Reviewer
We receive review copies of new social work related books from their publishers. We then match them with our list of reviewers and assign them for review. If assigned a book review, you agree to review the book by the specified deadline. Once you have reviewed a book, you may keep the review copy for your own professional library.
Book reviewer qualifications are as follows:
- You must be a social work practitioner, educator, or student.
- You must not have a conflict of interest in regard to the book you are reviewing, and must be at "arm's length" from the author/publisher. If, after receiving a book to review, you discover that you have a conflict, you must inform us and return the book to us.
- You must have excellent analysis and writing skills.
- You must be able to meet deadlines.
If you would like to review social work related books for THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER or THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER Online, please contact Linda Grobman, Editor, with the following information:
- Your social work qualifications
- Your areas of interest/types of books you would like to review
- Your writing experience and a brief sample of your writing
Please e-mail this information to Linda Grobman, Editor, THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER.