Get Our Free Publications!
Receive social work news, links to interesting sites, job listings, and more when you subscribe to our free
social work publications.
Read past e-newsletters
Current EditionNow available in print!
2012 Print EditionPurchase all 4 issues from 2012 in one bound volume.
THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER Online, Linda Grobman, Publisher/Editor
P.O. Box 5390
Harrisburg, PA 17110-0390
Thank you to everyone who voted for The New Social Worker
and SaraKay Smullens' article on burnout and self-care
in the 2013 NASW Media Awards. We are honored to be the winner for Best Magazine/Magazine Article
. Congratulations to ALL the winners!
Social Work Web Links
Written by Linda Grobman
Web Sites of Interest to Social Workers
There are many Web sites of special interest to social workers. New ones are being added every day. Hundreds of schools of social work or social work departments have their own Web sites. Since other Web sites include links to these, I will not list them all here. However, the Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors (BPD) site is a good source for such links, as is the Council on Social Work Education.
Here are some social work-related sites we've found that you might want to check out.
- Aboriginal Social Work
- About.com Mental Health Resources
- Abuse-excuse.com A site about false allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Adoption Dilemma: A Handbook for Adoptive Parents
- American Self-Help Group Clearinghouse
- American Society on Aging
- Annie E. Casey Foundation Family to Family Initiative
- Association for Advanced Training in the Behavioral Sciences (AATBS) Sample licensing exam questions and other resources for social workers and mental health professionals.
- Band-Aides and Blackboards--a site about children with chronic illness going to school.
- Bipolar Information Network
- Birdsong Organization
- Bisexual Network-New York Area
- Borderline Personality Disorder Today
- Boston University School of Social Work Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Caucus Home Page
- The Bright Side-Wings of Support
- CalSWEC (California Social Work Education Center)
- CARE Virtual Field Trip to Nepal
- Care and Health
- CareConnect USA
- Center for Eating Disorders at St. Joseph Medical Center
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- CE Online--resources for mental health professionals
- Child Abuse Prevention Network
- Child Welfare League of America
- Child Welfare Resource Centre
- Clinical Social Work Guild 49
- Computer Use in Social Services Network (CUSSN)
- Corrections Connection Network
- Crisis, Grief, and Healing Page
- Cross-Cultural Solutions
- Department of Health and Human Services (U.S.)
- Dual Diagnosis Recovery Network
- Dual Diagnosis Web Site Information on co-occurring mental illness, drug addiction, and alcoholism.
- Dual Recovery Anonymous
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center
- Encyclopedia of Death and Dying
- Ethics Page--a page, developed by social worker Ed Geraty, of ethics-related resources
- Foster Care and Adoptive Community
- Fried Social Worker Social worker burnout, humor, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Fundsnet Online Services
- Gerontological Society of America
- Gift From Within--articles on trauma and related topics
- Global Volunteer Network
- HAMS Harm Reduction Network
- Hazelden--addiction resources.
- Healing Children's Grief
- HIV/AIDS Education in Social Work
- HIV InSite
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Information for Practice
- John Weaver's Disaster Mental Health Page Information on disaster mental health services.
- Law for Social Workers
- LifeLine Pilots
- Making Life Work Better
- Maryland Social Worker
- Mental Health InfoSource
- Mental Health Matters
- Mental Health Net
- Mental Health Today
- Mutual Aid Based Groupwork
- Nathaniel Prentice's Social Work Joke Page (also links to his general social work page)
- National Association of People with AIDS
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- nGoAbroad Custom Fit International Service
- The Nonviolence Web
- Not My Kid
- Office of Minority Health Resource Center
- Pat McClendon's Clinical Social Work Page
- PIE (Policy Information Exchange) Online
- Praxis--student journal, Loyola University Chicago School of Social Work
- The Prevention Researcher
- Professional Parenthood: A Guide for Foster Care
- PSI e-College
- PsychScapes WorldWide
- Recovery Resources Online
- Recovery USA
- Real Change Homeless Newspaper Articles from Seattle's homeless newspaper, and instructions for starting a homeless newspaper in your city.
- Rock Island Network
- Rural Social Work Page
- Sage Place--Journey to Wholeness
- Schizophrenia Home Page
- Settlement House: A Social Work Resource
- “Shirley's Social Work Web Resources”--annotated links to over 500 social work-related Web sites.
- Sibling Abuse Survivors' Information and Advocacy Network
- Social Work News
- Social Work & Society Journal
- Social Work & Society News Magazine
- Social Work Cafe
- Social Work Examination Services
- Social Work Friends
- Social Work History Station
- Social Work Manager
- Social Work Search
- Social Work Test Prep
- Social Work Virtual Meetings
- Social Work World
- South Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition An abortion rights site that also has links to other activist sites.
- Spanish for Social Workers
- State Kid An online fictional story of foster care.
- Student Center Lots of career guidance info, including an interview with a social worker in the "So You Want to Be a..." section.
- Students for Parity
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- SWAN (Social Work Access Network)
- Task Centered Web Pages
- Tell-A-Group This site provides information on conducting telephone support groups.
- The Therapeutic Milieu
- Thomas--legislative information.
- Thomas Cleereman's Social Work Site--includes a chat room for social workers.
- Total Surfer (Note: Social work-related essays can be found in the Wave of Consciousness section.)
- United Hospital Fund Online--information on health care in New York City
- Veterans Affairs
- The Waseskun Network--a network of First Nations/Native American communities.
- The Well Spouse Foundation
- Working with Young People
- Youth Change
Social Work Organizations
Social Work Student Organizations
Others are added to this list from time to time. If you know of other Web sites that would be of interest to readers of this page, please e-mail
Note: If you find that any of these URLs have changed or are no longer valid, please let us know so we can update this list. Thank you.
To find more social work related places on the Web, try searching these sites: